Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Morning Ramblings

As I sit at my desk drinking my morning coffee, I can't help but think how ironic it is that I'm using my new mug today. The pretty, over-sized, white mug with the message "find the joy today".  Today, of all mornings, I need this gentle reminder to speak softly to my inner most being.  To reach deep inside me and calm my quivering heart.  To remind me not to focus on the negative, but find the positive to zero in on.

Let's be real for a moment, shall we?  Being a parent is hard.  It's not easy.  It's definitely not for the faint of heart. Especially when some of those that you're trying to parent are teens.  And girls.

I'm not sure what mornings are like at your house, but at mine?  They're not easy.  More often than not at least 1 of our 3 have trouble getting out of bed.  Or off the couch.  Or the floor. (They tend to wander in the middle of the night)  Breakfast is a grab something if you want something while going out the door; I've tried making different meals in the morning, but no one seems to want what they liked the day before.  Tastes are always changing at our house.  And whoever said breakfast is the most important meal of the day anyway?  I'm choosing to believe that there's no scientific proof behind that statement.  Pizza for breakfast?  Sure, at least your eating something.  Ramon Noodles? Go for it...just clean up your mess please.

After finally getting out the door, and dropping the kids at school, I relish in a quiet moment just sitting at my desk, drinking my coffee.  Soft music playing in the background, getting real with those that read my blog.  And you know what?  It calms me.  It re-centers my being and gets me ready to face the day.

I'd love to hear how mornings are at your house and how you cope and recover from the craziness of life!

**PS...be sure to stop by The Inspire Shop and check out all the beautiful mugs they have available.

No comments:

Post a Comment