Friday, August 24, 2018

Burden of Proof - DiAnn Mills

Pages:  416
Publisher:  Tyndale House Publishers
Date of Publication:  October 9, 2018

About the book:  

Reeling from a negotiation gone wrong, FBI Special Agent April Ramos is caught off guard when a frazzled young woman shoves a crying baby into her arms, then disappears. Worry for the child’s safety quickly turns to fear when a man claiming to be the girl’s father abducts them at gunpoint. April puts her hostage negotiation skills to use to learn more about who she’s dealing with: Jason Snyder, a fugitive accused of murder.

As Jason spins a tall tale about being framed for the killing of his business partner, April must sort through his claims to find the truth. A truth that becomes all the more evident after April overhears a conversation between Jason and the local sheriff and realizes something more sinister may be happening in their small town of Sweet Briar, Texas. But aligning herself with a known fugitive to uncover the burden of proof could cost April her job . . . or worse, her life and the lives of other innocent people.


My thoughts...

Let me preface this by saying that I LOVE suspense filled Christian Fiction books!  Like, really, I can not get enough of them.  Some of my favorite authors include Lynette Eason, Dani Pettrey, DiAnn Mills, and Dee Henderson.  I'm kind of a closet junky with this genre.  But never fear, I went in to the reading and reviewing process of this book with an open mind.  Like a blank slate.  My mind was totally void of any preconceptions.  But alas, I have to admit, this was definitely a 5 star book!!  Read on...

So to start with, this is the beginning of a series entitled "FBI Rapid Response".  (I'm hoping a long, drawn out series.  The more the merrier when you find something you love!).  Mills is wonderful at researching her topics and making sure she gets all the facts correct.  She has a great track record in that department (make sure you check out some of her other books).  She's laid the groundwork in this novel for the series by developing strong characters throughout that the reader quickly comes to love.  Intertwining their lives in such a way that it feels real, like friends or acquaintances you know in your every day life.

Beyond the characters, the scenes and scenarios flow so effortlessly between the pages that it's easy to get lost in their world.  Before you know it you've quickly progressed from the start of the book to the end.  The fast paced, edge of your seat suspense keeps you on an ever winding roller coaster of a ride. 

My suggestion?  You pre-order this book and eagerly await the October 9 release.  And clear your schedule.  You will easily want to read it in one setting.  I know I did.  You won't be disappointed!  

As previously mentioned, I give this book 5 stars!  And 2 thumbs up!

**I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment