Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Swimming with Faith - The Missy Franklin Story

Publisher:  Zonderkidz Biography
Publication Date:  May 10, 2016
Pages:  144

About the book...

Missy Franklin is one of the most talented swimmers in the world. She is a four-time Olympic gold medalist and currently holds the world record in the 200-meter backstroke and American records in both the 100-meter and 200-meter backstroke. She was Swimming World’s World Swimmer of the Year and the American Swimmer of the Year in 2012. This story tells of her rise in fame and humbleness in the sport.

My thoughts...

This is a book that was at the top of my list to review.  With the Olympics coming, and both our daughters in swimming, I knew this would be a popular title at our house!  I was not disappointed (after all, I was a swimmer growing up as well).  

I loved the simplicity of the reading, it was something kids could read on their own, or have read to them by their parents. At just 144 pages, it's the right length for short readings or an easy sit through for one reading.  Being a paperback, it's not too heavy to tote around with you either.

I love that Missy subtly shares her faith throughout the pages, and doesn't shy away from letting readers know how she feels and what she believes.  Full of details and information, this is definitely a book a swimming enthusiast would be interested in reading!

I give this book 5 Stars

**I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment