Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sunflower Blogger Award

I was tagged by Sue at Thoughts from Mill Street to be part of the SUNFLOWER BLOGGER AWARD.  I'm embarrassed to say she tagged me back in June, and I am just now getting around to it!  Yikes!  So ready or not, here it goes:

Here are the rules: 

  1. Share 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
  3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
Share 11 facts about myself...
  1. I was a Nanny in my younger days.  First for a pro ball player's family, and secondly for a wonderful family in Miami Florida.
  2. I have an Associate's Degree in Travel and Tourism although I am not currently using it.
  3. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 inside cat, and a bazillion outside cats that seem to think we are a shelter or drop off house.  Oh...and a husband!  :)
  4. I love my job and couldn't imagine doing anything else.  (I work at a Library)
  5. One of my most favorite places to be is at the beach...specifically, Siesta Key, FL.
  6. While I love reading, I am slowing down in the number of books I read as the years go by.
  7. Knitting is also a favorite pastime, although if you ask my kids, only old ladies do that!
  8. My favorite color is a toss up between yellow and blue.
  9. If I could do any job in the world, I would open a library on a beach.
  10. I wish I was more organized at home.
  11. I would do anything for my family and friends.

Okay, now the questions I was asked to answer:
1.  Why did you start blogging?  It was supposed to be a way for a friend and I to hold each other accountable with our exercise routines.  That quickly went to the wayside, and my current blog was born.
2.  What was your most memorable vacation?  I LOVE vacations!  When I was little, my grandparents took my family and my uncles family on a vacation to California/Mexico to see my other uncle and his family.  Just a year ago, my parents took my family and my brothers family to a beach house in Florida for Christmas...what a fun time and the best place to spend Christmas with family!
3.  Dine in or dine out?  Casual or fancy?  Both?  I love getting carry-out and bringing it home to eat as a family.  Yet I also enjoy cooking as well.
4.  Best read of 2014 so far?  Hmm...this is a tough one!  I think I was pleasantly surprised by Patricia Bradley's new book, Shadows of the Past.
5.  Do you belong to a book club?  Of course!  I lead one at the library where I work.
6.  What is your earliest reading memory?  I remember always looking forward to bringing home the most recent Scholastic papers and browsing through them picking out what my parents would allow me to purchase.
7.  Do you listen to audio books?  No.  I've tried a couple, but I just can't get in to them.
8.  What do you think is the best movie adaptation of a book?  Another hard one.  I love watching movie/book combos, in fact, my January book club we read the book then watch the movie. 
9.   When not reading, how do you spend your time?  Busy with our 3 children and their activities, church, knitting, etc.
10.  Do you have a goal to learn something new this year or try a new activity?  What?  Nope...I'm in survival mode this year!
11.  If you came to my house, would rather have tea and homemade pie or coffee and dark chocolate?  How about coffee with homemade pie!  :)


Now the fun part!  I am tagging the following 9 bloggers to be part of the Sunflower Blogger Award.  Check  out their book reviews and other blog entries.  I hope you enjoy their blogs.  And bloggers, I hope you take part in this Sunflower Blogger Award, but of course that is your choice.  If you take part, copy the award photo for your blog, then copy the questions, answer them, and select 9 new bloggers to continue with your new questions!

  1. Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Reviews
  2. Melanie at A Year of Jubilee Reviews
  3. JoyAnne at Deco My Heart
  4. Samantha at Amish Romance Books
  5. Becky at Christian Chick's Thoughts
  6. Shannon at Flower Patch Farmgirl
  7. Rachel at The Feminist Housewife
  8. Casey at Writing for Christ, the Audience of One
  9. Aleisha at She Calls Me Mama Leisha

My questons for you:

  1. What is your blog's main focus?
  2. If stranded on a desert island, what are the 3 items you would take with you?
  3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book would that be?
  4. Actual physical book or ebook?
  5. Favorite state to visit?
  6. Dream vacation?
  7. Mountains or Beach?
  8. Are you an animal lover?
  9. Favorite food?
  10. Favorite beverage?
  11. Dream occupation?

No comments:

Post a Comment