Saturday, September 28, 2019

Fatal Strike - DiAnn Mills

Pages:  400
Publisher:  Tyndale
Pub Date:  September 3, 2019

About the book (from Amazon)... 

There's a killer on the loose in Galveston, targeting law enforcement officials and using a fatal injection of snake venom to take them down.  Authorities have reasons to believe the Veneno gang is behind the hits, and FBI Agents Leah Riesel and Jon Colbert team up to track down those responsible.  Their best lead is an eyewitness who identifies a young man dumping the third body on a church doorstep.  But their suspect has gone into hiding, and those closest to him are reluctant to reveal anything that might help investigators find him.

As Leah and Jon check connections among the victims and dig deeper into motives, they discover appearances may be deceiving.  Someone is desperate to keep their secrets hidden, and Leah and Jon must face their greatest fears in order to stop the next fatal strike.

My thoughts...

Just in case there is any question, let me start out by saying that DiAnn Mills is one of my most favorite Christian Fiction Suspense authors of all time!  Looking back through this blog I found that I have had a connection with her dating back to at least 2011.  😮  Even I can't believe it!  Often times when a reader sticks with the same author for so many years the books become stale and lose their excitement.  You come to know the author's style and can easily anticipate what's around the corner.  Many times the stories end up sounding the same and you become bored with the writing.  It's kind of like being comfortable in a 20 year marriage or relationship.  You need excitement and surprises to keep it fresh, otherwise you are just in a rut looking for the next best thing.

DiAnn could easily fall in to that blue-jeans wearing trap of always grabbing the same pair of pants because they're old and comfortable and they're what you know best.  But that is so not the case!  I LOVE that I know her writing style and expect a wonderful story every time I open one of her books, but guess what?  She keeps all her novels fresh and so vibrantly new that I fell like I'm sitting down with an old friend hearing their latest escapade/adventure that I wasn't a part of.

I've kind of gotten off track, let's get back to Fatal Strike.  DiAnn's latest novel is everything a reader has come to expect from her.  Excellent writing, top-notch research, and edge-of-your-seat suspense.  From the very first paragraph I was hooked.  Take a peek...

"Special Agent Leah Riesel scanned the headlines on her phone.  
A prosecutor from Galveston had been found murdered behind 
a construction site, the second apparent victim of gang violence 
in two days. Both deaths were caused by rattlesnake venom injections 
to the heart.  Before she could pull up additional reports on the 
woman's untimely death, Leah's phone rang."

If you're looking for a great book to curl up with, I definitely recommend this latest one from DiAnn Mills.  If you're not familiar with her, make sure you stop by my other posts and check out some of her other books!

By the way...I give this book 5 stars!  😊

Find these other posts related to DiAnn Mills...

Attracted to Fire - Review (2011)
DiAnn Mills - Guest Author Post (2015)
DiAnn Mills - Guest Author Post (2017)
Burden of Proof - Video Promo (2018)
Burden of Proof - Review (2018)

Check out DiAnn's list of books and accomplishments.

**I was provided a copy of this book by the author for my honest opinion.**

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Shondra!Excellent review! I've also read DiAnn's books for a really long time and find her writings fresh, inspiring and entertaining! I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete