Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Flicka 3 - Country Pride

 About the movie:
 
When Toby takes on a managing job at a boarding stable with Flicka in tow, the owner's teenage daughter Kelly quickly bonds with the wild horse. Kelly, a budding equestrian rider, would love to break Flicka for her team's competition, however, her mother Lindy doesn't want to get her hopes up, as their stable may soon be for sale. With the competition coming up and a rival trainer stealing business, Toby steps in to train Kelly's team and save the stable.

Rated G by the Motion Picture Association of America. 

My thoughts:

Are you looking for a great family movie to watch safely together?  Are you tired of all the crude language and inappropriate scenes in most movies today?  Do you cringe wondering what your child(ren) will see while watching a movie?  If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this just may be the next best movie for your family! Haven't seen Flicka 1 or 2?  No worries, you can still enjoy this one!

I loved being able to sit down with my twins to watch this movie and not having to be on my guard, ready to shut the DVD off if the need arose.  This was just a good, clean movie that we all loved!  My girls even said, "I hope there is a Flicka 4!"  ( I know, I know, they have a lot to learn when it comes to sequels!)

The storyline was gripping, and I loved watching Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black with their budding relationship in the movie!  (It was great to be able to tell my girls that they were married to each other in real life!)  There were also some teachable/discussable moments that took place; bullying, snobbishness/pettiness of teen girls, standing up for your friends, doing the right thing, etc. 

I enthusiastically give this movie 5 Stars for family friendliness, and  will be suggesting it to everyone I run across this summer at work (Public Library) and at play!

1 comment:

  1. WOW1 This would be a good set to get. Kid friendly! Maxie

    ReplyDelete