Wednesday, August 2, 2017

One More Song to Sing - Lindsay Harrel

Publisher:  Ashbury Lane
Publication Date:  December 1, 2016
Pages:  310

About the book (from Amazon):

More than two decades ago, Olivia Lovett left her old life behind in the red dirt of Oklahoma and forged a career in Nashville as a country music star. Now her voice is failing, forcing her to find a new dream just as the secrets of her past come knocking at the door. Long-time friend Andrew Grant agrees to partner in a new business venture--but would he stick around if he knew her whole story?
After the tragic loss of her father, twenty-one-year-old Ellie Evans headed to Nashville seeking more than just fame. For two years, she's waitressed, strummed, and sung her way to what may finally be her big break when Olivia offers to sign her to the budding record label. More than anything, Ellie just wants to be seen: by her future fans, by Nick Perry--a fellow musician with a killer smile and kind eyes--and above all else, by the mother who abandoned her. If the spotlight never shines on her, will Ellie ever feel whole?
One More Song to Sing is a romantic drama about the power of forgiveness, second chances, and a God who never fails to see us.


My Thoughts:

I LOVE finding a hidden gem amongst all the big name publishers in today's market.  I came across this title while I was browsing the professional journals at work the other month and thought it might be a good one to try.  Boy was I right! 

The story was a fast read and definitely kept my interest.  The different characters were intriguing; I loved learning their personal stories and hearing of their triumphs and struggles.  At first I questioned why I'd never her of the author, I mean really, I work in a library.  I thought I knew all (ok, most) of the Christian authors on today's market.  After a little research, I realized this is her first publication, with her second book releasing in 2018.  Ah....that explains it.  I think, regardless of this being a first novel, Harrel knocked this one out of the park.  She definitely "broke a leg" (see what I tried to do there, go out there and "break a leg").

Anyway...so even though I didn't officially receive this book to review, I give it 5 stars and highly recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment