Thursday, April 24, 2014

Poem in Your Pocket Day - 2014



In celebration of National Poetry Month, it's "Poem in Your Pocket" day today!  Now what should you do with that tidbit? Carry around a poem in your pocket, and take it out throughout the day to share with others! Looking for more information?  Click here.

The poem I choose to carry around in my pocket today is entitled, "Somewhere".  You'll notice I have a "homemade" pocket...that's how we roll in northern Indiana when our shirts have no pocket!  :)



Somewhere

Oh, to be lying,
On a beach,
Somewhere,
With sand in my toes,
And the wind,
In my hair.

And only the sound, 
Of the seagulls,
On high,
Somewhere,
Under sunny blue sky.

The gentle caress,
Of the waves,
On the shore,
And you close,
Beside me,
Could I ask for more?

A soft sandy beach,
That goes on,
Forever,
You, me,
And a beach,
So happy together.

-Linda Harnett

Make sure you pick a poem that has meaning to you.  I absolutely, hands down, LOVE the beach.  So naturally I searched out a beach themed poem.  That's the nice thing about the internet, you can easily find poems about everything!

Or, why not head to your local library and check out a Poetry book (or two) and enjoy a night of Poetry after your evening meal!  No matter how you choose to celebrate it, enjoy today with a Poem in Your Pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment