Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Short-Straw Brde - Karen Witemeyer


Have you ever had an idea in your mind before reading a book, thinking you knew what it was gong to be about?  That would be me...with this book!  I saw the title, Short-Straw Bride, and saw the man on the cover had something in his hands, just assuming it was "straw"...like, from a field!  Well...not the case.  After reading the book, and taking a closer look, he is indeed holding straw, not from a field, but drinking straws!  Now it all becomes much clearer to me! 

Anyway, this is the first book I have read by Karen Witemeyer, although it is her fourth novel.  She does an excellent job in telling the story of the Archer family, and that of Meridith.  She does such an awesome job at painting pictures with her words, that at times I felt like I was watching an episode of Little House on the Prairie, or something from the late 1800's.  The characters were written in such a way that they came to life before my very eyes, as did the land and the surrounding area they were protecting.

The unique meeting of the different characters, especially of Meridith and Travis, leave hope for the other relationships that are later to come.  I would love to see these stories continue, to find out what happens to those we have come to love.  Will Cassie truly have a happy ending?  Will the Archer's finally be able to leave their land?

I give this book 5 stars and hope you have a few hours set aside when you start reading it!  For once you start, you won't be able to put it down!

**I received this book from the publisher in exchange for my opinion**

No comments:

Post a Comment